December 22, 2011

Beginning the Path

I would like to start out this blog with a statement... 
The views & opinions posted here are mine. I understand that they may conflict with that of others & I'm fine with that. The point of this blog is exploration; of myself & our universal surroundings.
This blog will contain topics pertaining to Religion, Theology, Science, Politics, & whatever I feel should be included.

With that said let me give a brief introduction...
I found my Baptist upbringing to be (no offense) something of a joke, it didn't feel right to me & so I stopped attending & started searching. I was 8 years old. Since that time I have read as much as I could about different religions & practiced many, each one failing to fulfill my hunger for knowledge & understanding.
I harbor no ill will towards any religion because to do so would be unjust. Each religion of the world has a core set of principles that are just & good, unfortunately each has extremes that can give them a bad name. Atrocities done in the name of a just god are the will of individuals who garner support from unthinking masses.
I am an ordained minister who follows no dogma set by the religious hierarchy, because I feel that the power of life, death, & marriage are carried by all human beings. We all have the power to share ourselves with others in these aspects.

I have written blogs before, yet I lost interest after a year with each one. I hope this one has a longer shelf life.

No comments:

Post a Comment